Wednesday, May 11
This was a day of being "orientated", as the British say. Alan met with the librarian, Elizabeth Magbe, and was shown to his "rented desk". We got some cheap phones and are trying to figure out how to call and text each other. And we are working on getting connected to the WiFi. Our neighbors Jonny, from Ireland, and Sarah, from Oklahoma, were a big help. I also made a trip to the local Apple store. We had lunch in the City Centre in a restaurant across the street from King's College. The view was amazing! I had to pinch myself to believe that we were sitting across the street from such a beautiful and historic building.
Also Alan discovered this morning that he has shingles. Thankfully he has the right medicine for it. Dr. Walker had given it to him for a recurring problem he has. So he started it right away.
And tonight I placed a Tesco order online. I should have ordered more, but I was too tired, and I don't even know if it will really work.
Thursday, May 12
Amazing! The Tesco order arrived by 10 AM! Was surprised at how small all the packages were. Everything was in grams so I had no idea how small all these items would be!
We rented bikes today. Are hopeful that they will save us time and energy. We also had lunch at Marks and Spencer, a department store, on the top floor, then got some groceries in the basement of the department store. We are trying to find a way to get a data package for my iPad, because WiFi in our flat comes and goes. The router, I think it is, is in Sarah and Joel's flat next door. It needs rebooting a lot, so if they are not home there is no way to do it.
But it appears there is not a reasonably priced way to get a data package, unless you have a UK credit card.
No comments:
Post a Comment