Ely Cathedral as we approached from the train station. Notice the green pasture in front.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Continuing to settle in

Friday, May 13

Alan went to the doctor this morning, because he talked to Dr. Walker and he says he should take 4 pills a day for 7 -10 days.  So he went to a British doctor.  He confirmed that it was shingles and prescribed more pills.  But he wants him to take 5 pills a day! Thankfully it has really not slowed him down much.  He also met with the Librarian today and some tech guy.  Hopefully by Monday, Alan will feel up to studying some.

I am trying to figure out how to get around on a bike in this town.  I took a morning and afternoon trip to town for groceries, etc.  I am afraid that I probably had people cursing at me.

Tonight there was a bar-b-q here at Tyndale House. We got to meet a few people, although it was not well attended. Katherine Williams, the wife of the warden, Peter  Williams, and their daughter, Magdalina (10)and son, Leo (5) were there.  I talked with a young woman who is working on her doctorate in Hebrew grammar.  She and her husband are from outside Boston. They have two little boys, Daniel and Joseph.  He is self-employed, doing software training, and finds that he has more work here in the UK than in US.  I met a Wheaton New Testament professor, who just arrived, named Gene Green.  He said his office was down the hall from Marion and Wayne's son-in-law, David Setran.  It was his 60th birthday and his wife had sent cupcakes from the US.  We also talked with a young man named Will, from the Washington, DC area.  He went to Univ. of VA and Southern Seminary in Louisville.

No comments:

Post a Comment